Connect with us

African-American News

Bill Cosby Faces Fresh Sexual Assault Lawsuit By Former ‘The Cosby Show’ Actress Lili Bernard

Published

on

Bill Cosby Faces Fresh Sexual Assault Lawsuit By Former The Cosby Show Actress Lili Bernard

Bill Cosby is set to be embroiled in yet another court battle over sexual assault allegations.

Actress Lili Bernard filed a complaint against Cosby on Thursday, after previously claiming to be one of his numerous alleged sexual assault victims. Bernard believes she was drugged and assaulted by Cosby in 1990, similar to her claims in 2015 when she initially brought these allegations against him.

Bernard claims that she met Cosby on the set of his hit show “The Cosby Show” and that he mentored her. She was portraying Mrs. Minifield, a very pregnant woman who bombarded Dr. Cosby with pregnancy-related queries.

Advertisement

During a vocal projection exercise, she said he “violently” “grabbed and squeezed” her breasts. Bernard claims Cosby assaulted her at the Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort in New Jersey in August 1990. He tricked her by promising her he would introduce her to a producer to help her advance her career, but instead took advantage of her, she claimed.

Bernard addressed the same event on CNN in 2015, in response to Whoopi Goldberg’s defense of Cosby on “The View” that same year. “He covertly, clandestinely inserted drugs into my blood and he raped me,” she testified, describing the assault graphically. It was an extremely horrible experience. Because he had me paralyzed, I couldn’t even move the pillow away from my face, which he was using to muffle my screams. He was rapping me while smothering me.”

“I couldn’t even wipe away the tears pouring down my temples that were welling in my ears when he finally lifted the pillow and I could finally gulp for air,” she continued. This isn’t a joke. This is what happened to me.”

“Mr. Cosby continues to maintain steadfast in his innocence and will vigorously fight ANY alleged allegations waged against him and is willing and able to take this fight to the highest court in these United States of America,” Cosby spokesman Andrew Wyatt said in response to Bernard’s lawsuit filed Thursday.

Advertisement

“Also, the New Jersey Prosecutor ended the investigation of Mr. Cosby on July 1, 2015, and opted not to pursue Lili Bernard’s charges.” Gloria Allred was her lawyer at the time,” Wyatt explained. Bernard’s allegations were considerably outside the statute of limitations at the time, he noted.”

When Cosby was released this summer, he was in the third year of a three-to-ten-year sentence for sexual assault. His conviction was overturned after it was discovered that a previous arrangement with the case’s former prosecutor was improperly used to convict him.


Advertisement
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *