Black 22-Year-Old Software Engineer Murdered By White Neighbor On April 15, In Baltimore

Black 22-Year-Old Software Engineer Murdered By White Neighbor In Baltimore

A 22-year-old Baltimore resident, Tyrique Hudson was gunned down by his 53-year-old white neighbor a few months after trying to obtain a protective order against the man.

According to the news report by ABC 11, Tyrique Hudson was fatally shot in the stairwell of his apartment complex while he was leaving for work on April 15.

Neighbours looked outside after they heard the gunfire and saw James Verombeck standing over the victim’s body.

Hudson moved newly to the area to work as a software engineer at Northrop Grumman. Before that, he completed a five-year early college program in only four years while in high school and then earned a computer science degree at North Carolina A&T University within three years.

His mother said the 22-year-old was headed for great success.

“He’s never had any confrontations or any fights,” Hudson’s mother, Tonya Burch, told ABC 11. “Nobody has ever had to come to say, ‘Oh your son did this to me or your son did that to me.’ He was just overall a very gifted, unique child.”

Verombeck locked himself inside his apartment for 10 hours after the shooting. He remained inside until a SWAT team broke down the door and detained him, reported the Capital Gazette.

Verombeck, who faces charges of first-degree murder, reportedly suffers from schizophrenia, officials revealed during a preliminary hearing.

Hudson had gone to court earlier this year to obtain a protective order against the suspect. On February 16, during an interaction, Hudson was confronted by Verombeck while he was taking out trash.

Verombeck allegedly told him “you knew this day was coming,” while making a throat-cutting “death gesture” Burch told ABC 11.

“Hudson was getting his mind set to move because he was fearful,” said Burch.

When Hudson attempted to get a court order barring Verombeck from making physical or verbal contact, District Court Judge Devy Patterson Russell denied the motion, citing a lack of evidence.

The Capital Gazette notes that judge Russell has since been temporarily reassigned pending a verdict from the Court of Appeals, which is considering suspending the judge for her behavior in Baltimore courts.

Hudson’s family is now preparing for his funeral, which will be held on April 27.

“It’s going to be very hard, very hard in the days ahead,” Burch told ABC 11. “I know my faith will guide me. I believe in God and I trust in God to give me supernatural strength to get through it.”

Pleas share this news so others can see it and get informed





Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *