Crowd Filmed As Black Female Lawyer Was Killed By Her Boyfriend Instead Of Calling 911

Crowd Filmed As Black Female Lawyer Was Killed By Her Boyfriend, Instead Of Calling 911


Following the tragic shooting of a Black female lawyer in Atlanta on Wednesday, Atlanta mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms urged the people to phone 911 first before taping any criminal incidents for social media.

The deadly incident occurred at a high-rise apartment complex in Atlanta, according to the Daily Mail. Courtney Cox, the victim, was tragically shot by her boyfriend, Jarvis Jarrette. Since the summer, the deceased lawyer and Jarrette were alleged to have been romantically linked.


During the incident, the suspect was spotted hopping from balcony to balcony. He also fired shots at police officers who arrived on the site. Jarrette was later found dead, but it is unclear whether he committed suicide or was hit by a bullet fired by police, according to CBS46.

At a press conference, Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms remarked, “Just a reminder to the people to please contact 911.” “We did start receiving phone calls,” she continued, “but social media received information, and has received more information, quite frankly, than our 911 center.”

“So, in order for us to respond and assess effectively, we simply ask that you put down your camera, put down your phone, call 911, and then allow us to do what we do.” Authorities say they discovered the deceased suspect in possession of many guns following the incident.

Cox’s death follows a recent sexual assault incident in Philadelphia, in which passengers who watched a man rapping a lady on a train did nothing to rescue the victim.

Authorities chastised the witnesses, saying they “should have done something” to help the victim instead of turning a blind eye to the assault, according to Face2Face Africa. Authorities said that instead of helping the victim or phoning 911, some of the passengers in question took out their phones to video the sexual assault.

According to the Associated Press, Upper Darby Police Department Superintendent Timothy Bernhardt said a Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority employee saw “something wasn’t right” with the victim after seeing what was going on in the moving train and reported it to the police.

Police from the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) were able to find the woman at a station stop and detain the man. Following that, the victim was taken to the hospital for treatment.

Bernhardt claimed that surveillance tape captured the entire incident and revealed that there were other passengers on the train at the time the woman was abused. “In my opinion, there were a lot of people who should have intervened; someone should have done something,” he stated. “It reflects where we are as a culture; after all, who would allow such a thing to happen?” As a result, it’s concerning.”

Fiston Ngoy, 35, has been charged with rape, aggravated indecent assault, and other connected charges. SEPTA issued a statement calling the assault a “horrendous criminal conduct” and urging people to report similar events whenever they encounter them.







Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *