Minneapolis Police Officers Beat Man to a Pulp & Plant Drugs Near His House After He Complained

Minneapolis Police Officers Beat Man to a Pulp & Plant Drugs Near His House After He Complained

According to a lawsuit received by the Atlanta Black Star, Minneapolis police officers violated Andre Moore’s civil rights twice in a couple of months.

Officers pulled a gun and taser on Moore during a traffic check, according to the lawsuit, and then pummeled him until he was unconscious in December 2019. One of the officers involved framed him for drug charges after he filed reports about the mistreatment. The allegations were ultimately dismissed by a judge because they were founded on “reckless disregard for the truth.”

The lawsuit is one of numerous that detail the department’s purported history of using excessive force disproportionately against Black persons. Moore’s attorneys claim that the forceful arrest left him with a fractured nose, many cuts, bruises, and abrasions on his face and torso, among other injuries. His eyes were virtually swelled shut, and blood was splashed across his face.

Moore was also imprisoned for several months on spurious allegations. The police’ “egregious conduct” was followed by “a calculated act of retaliation,” according to the lawsuit.

Moore is suing for monetary damages after his rights were violated. The man’s right to be free from excessive searches and “unnecessary and senseless violence at the hands of peace officers” was allegedly robbed by the five cops, according to the lawsuit.

Moore was stopped by Minneapolis Officer Tony Partyka and his partner on Dec. 7, 2019, while dropping off a female acquaintance who lived a few blocks away. According to the lawsuit, Partyka stated in the report that he recognized Moore as someone who had an outstanding arrest warrant, but no such warrant existed at the time.

Moore allegedly put his hands on the steering wheel when the officers approached his car, according to the lawsuit. According to the officers’ report, they smelled alcohol coming from Moore’s truck and noticed an empty container that they thought was used for alcohol.

Moore was ordered out of the car, and when he tried to unbuckle his seatbelt, he was accused of grabbing for something, according to the lawsuit.

Partyka drew his Taser and pressed it against Moore’s chest, threatening to zap him unless he put his hands up. Moore allegedly tried to comply with the demands multiple times but did not make any sudden or threatening gestures, according to the lawsuit.

Another cop, identified in the lawsuit as Dirk Spree, was seen driving up to the incident and immediately running up to Moore, grabbing a revolver on him. One of the officers grabbed a fistful of the man’s hair as he was thrown to the ground, while another slammed him with punches.

Moore captioned the video “the night I could’ve died” and posted it to YouTube.

One of the policemen said, “He’s grasping something in his right arm.”

“Stop! “What exactly are you doing?” In the passenger seat, a woman shouted.

One cop said, “You’re going to get tased.”

As officers swarmed on Moore, who was already on the ground, the woman continued to plead with them.

“Stop eliminating things. “Stop resisting,” one cop screamed repeatedly as Moore moaned and appeared to be in pain.

According to the report, the man was unable to move because the officers crushed their bodies against him, completely detaining him. Partyka allegedly elbowed Moore three times in the shoulder and then kneeled on his torso, according to the lawsuit. According to the report, Spee and a third officer kneeled on Moore’s body.

Moore’s right hand became jammed beneath him amid the commotion, and the officers accused him of consenting to the arrest, according to the lawsuit.

Officer Neal Walsh knocked the victim out by slamming his head against the pavement and kneeing him three times in the face. According to the lawsuit, an anonymous officer then dragged a handcuffed Moore across the ground. Moore’s lawyers claim that no firearms or alcoholic beverages were found in the car and that the authorities had no legal basis to search it.

Moore had a blood alcohol level of.00. He was charged with minor obstruction, which was later dropped. Moore reported the event to the police station two times but never received a response.

The lawsuit claims that “on information and belief,” the police “deliberately destroyed both complaint forms before they were submitted for inquiry.”

On Feb. 7, 2020, Partyka, a patrol officer, began an inquiry into Moore, which he nicknamed “Moore Money Moore Problems.”

According to the complaint, on February 13, 2020, he requested a warrant on the guise of receiving a tip from an informant that Moore was distributing heroin and meth. Partyka allegedly utilized the warrant to conduct a search warrant at Moore’s residence, where two pounds of meth and a weapon were allegedly discovered.

In an interview at the time, Tanya Bishop, one of Moore’s public defenders, said, “We suspect the confidential informant, in this case, may not have existed.”

According to the lawsuit, Partyka also claimed that he discovered two transparent baggies containing a white substance in an unmarked trash receptacle at Moore’s duplex, which ultimately tested positive for meth. On another garbage dive, he claimed to have discovered a document, a one-gallon resealable bag containing a white substance, and smaller bags in the same bin.

The lawsuit claims that the paper Partyka discovered could have been generated from the jail roster using a “simple internet search.”

Partyka was imprisoned for seven months after his case against Moore was dismissed due to his inability to pay bail. During Moore’s suppression hearing, the officer admitted that there was no white substance in the baggies during his second trash dig. He was also unable to deliver a file on the putative informant to the judge.

According to the lawsuit, “probably not coincidence,” the “informant’s” height and weight description “perfectly matched the facts on Moore’s driver’s license, which Partyka had access to as a result of Moore’s arrest three months previously.”

Partyka’s allegations about the second discovery in the garbage, according to Hennepin County Judge Paul Scoggin, were “made with reckless disregard for the truth,” and he did not have probable cause to conduct the search from the start.

Scoggin wrote that Partyka’s inclusion of the fraudulent claims in his warrant application was “a major deception and, at the very least, a reckless disregard for the truth.”

According to the Star Tribune, Partyka has three ongoing complaints and six closed complaints against him since 2019. He is also the subject of an internal affairs investigation, although the records are kept private by law.






Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *