Connect with us

African-American News

Toddler Missing From Babysitter’s House Found Dead In Massachusetts Pond, Investigations Are Still Underway

Toddler Missing From Babysitter’s House Found Dead In Massachusetts Pond, Investigations Are Still Underway

Authorities have opened an investigation into the death of a 3-year-old kid who went missing from a Massachusetts home and was discovered dead in 5 feet of water on Wednesday.

According to accounts, Harry Kkonde went missing from his babysitter’s home in Lowell, Massachusetts, on Tuesday morning, prompting a large hunt for the child. On Wednesday afternoon, his body was recovered in a neighboring pond at Ronald Perron’s farm.

“I don’t weep a lot,” Perron added, “but boy, it was a shock.” “I never imagined they’d come across this kid in my pond.”


According to a Facebook post, more than 700 people are planning to attend a candlelight memorial for Harry on Friday in Lowell. By Wednesday night, dozens of people had gathered to honor the tiny youngster with balloons and flowers. Family members characterized the Ugandan immigrant youngster as humble and quiet, according to reports. The news of his abduction sparked a community-wide search for him.

Maureen Kalemba, a family friend, said, “We had hoped that he would come home alive.” “Knowing Harry had just drowned in that pond was heartbreaking.”

Harry was dropped off at the babysitter’s house around 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, according to authorities. Harry had hired the sitter for the fifth time.

A neighbor apparently observed him playing in the yard around 9:15 a.m., according to reports. At 9:30 a.m., the babysitter called 911 to report Harry missing. Authorities stated the babysitter was also watching another youngster at the time.


The incident commander for the Northeastern Massachusetts Law Enforcement Council Regional Response Team, Carlisle Police Chief John Fisher, said, “We have a very small window of time he went missing.”

The search began at the house and extended Wednesday into a nearby state forest in all directions.

Around 200 people assisted in the search. According to accounts, neighbors were instructed to inspect their surveillance video, doorbell cameras, property, and cars. On Tuesday, some 180 officers from multiple police departments combed the area. The FBI’s Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Unit, according to Fisher, promised assistance.

On Tuesday, authorities combed the pond, but they believe Harry is still “on the run.” Two police dogs tracked the boy’s scent to the woods behind the house in the same way. According to accounts, investigators do not suspect foul play.


“We’re feeling depleted,” Kalemba remarked. “There are no other words to describe how we feel.”

Marian Ryan, the Middlesex District Attorney, stated that detectives are now concentrating on “finding out what happened” to Harry.

“Even though the pond is in a direct line from the house, we have no idea where he went, where he may have traveled, or what time he might have returned by that pond,” she explained. “It’s just that we don’t know.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *